|Washed and seasoned seeds before they go in the oven.|
This food is very good if you are diabetic as it has a very low glycemic load. The seeds are very low in cholesterol and sodium. It is also a good source of protein, vitamin K, iron and copper, and a very good source of magnesium, phosphorus and manganese.
- 1 cup winter squash seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
|Seeds after roasting.|
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- After removing the seeds from the squash, rinse with water, and remove any strings and bits of squash. Pat dry, and place in a small bowl. Stir the olive oil and salt into the seeds until evenly coated. Spread out in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until seeds start to pop. Remove from oven and cool on the baking sheet before serving.